cannot receive or send emails but 'test account settings' works

Old August 11th 06, 08:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Cannot send receive emails in Outlook 20

Default cannot receive or send emails but 'test account settings' works

I've just set up my email addresses in Outlook 2003. Each address ticks all
the boxes when I hit the 'Test account settings' button, but when I click on
any of the 'send/receive' buttons I get - nothing!
Old August 11th 06, 10:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
William Lefkovics [MVP]

any of the send/receive buttons? How many do you have?!

Are you getting nothing because there is nothing to get? Or is there some
sort of error message?

The test settings confirm that you can logon to your mail server. It does
not confirm that there is mail available.

Old August 12th 06, 12:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Steve Wonayachts

Default cannot receive or send emails but 'test account settings' work

Try the following links:

office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011105491033.aspx
office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011117021033.aspx

Old August 12th 06, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Cannot send receive emails in Outlook 20

I receive loads of mail (and send it) by logging on to my provider - just
cant get or send them using Outlook 2003!