lost mailboxes when updating to outlook express 6

Old February 4th 06, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
baldbrenton

Default lost mailboxes when updating to outlook express 6

I am running an older computer on win98. When updating to IE6, an update to
OutlookExpress6 also occurred. (the previous version information is not
visible anywhere, but was approximately 5 or possibly 4.x) This apparently
cleared the mailboxes, which have since had an automatic send/receive occur
when OEX6 was opened. Are the old mailboxes recoverable? The address book was
kept, but this information was backed up elsewhere.
Old February 5th 06, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information he

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, baldbrenton asked: