Outlook Express is being a pain :o{

Old February 1st 06, 06:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
PoohsHunnyBee

Default Outlook Express is being a pain :o{

I have been using Outlook Express for nearly 5 years and have never had this
problem come up before, I have done dozens of formats and reconfigured many
systems with no problem but this one has me stumped, I have sought help
through Microsoft but the first level technicians have only referred me to a
pay service that I cannot afford; anyone willing to help me tackle it?
here goes... After doing a format on my computer and reinstalling XP I
cannot access my hotmail account from Outlook Express 6 any longer. (I knew
that new accounts could not do this but had been told that existing accounts
could still download their hotmail.) Despite the fact that my Hotmail
account is 5 years old now, I get an error whenever I try to access it, the
error number is 0x800CCC32. Hotmail support has told me that I should be
able to access it just fine. I have configured Norton to allow it, and also
IE, I have added the hotmail account and deleted it in order to re-enter the
information, I have also entered that error into the KB and checked to see if
I had missed anything - no go...any advice?!?

Old February 1st 06, 06:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
PoohsHunnyBee

One thing that might be wrong could be the server information OE uses when
setting up the HTTP mail; as soon as you enter the hotmail address when
setting the account up it automatically selects HTTP and then enters the
following server information...
http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail...il.asp...could it be that this
information has maybe changed and what I have is wrong now? It has always
worked in the past but I know that things DO change, I'm just grasping at
this point!

Old February 1st 06, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
PoohsHunnyBee

If a new response is added to this mail does it get bumped up to the top of
the board? I sure hope this doesn't fall off onto other pages before I can
get some help....please!

Old February 1st 06, 11:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

PoohsHunnyBee wrote:

I have been using Outlook Express for nearly 5 years and have never
had this problem come up before,

Wrong newsgroup. As in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman
Old February 2nd 06, 05:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
PoohsHunnyBee

Gee, thanks for the er....help?!?! I see this is the grouping for Outlook, I
didn't see one for Outlook express, this is a place to go for help
though...couldn't you have offered help instead of being critical? Thanks
for trying though

Old February 2nd 06, 05:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
PoohsHunnyBee

Thank you, in a round about way I have learned that there is an OE newsgroup.
The person who sent me searching was no help in finding it, but hey, it
takes all kinds right?!? Thanks to those who looked in and tried to
help...off to the OE group!