How do I transfer address book from 1 computer to another

Old August 5th 06, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Savage

Default How do I transfer address book from 1 computer to another

Just bought a new computer and want to transfer my address book, that is
backed up on a CD to my new computer. Would appreciate any help. I am using
Outlook 2003.

Thanks
Old August 6th 06, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

All OL data contained within the pst file
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
Basically copy pst to cd, then to HD, do not overwrite any existing pst.
Ensure read only flag is off, Then in OL FileOpenData File......browse to
this pst. Copy data to the new pst
This assumes you were using OL on the old PC
If you were using OE you need to import your data to OE first, on the new
PC. Then in OL FileImportAddresses

Old August 7th 06, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
RonBarry

I did the usual backup for my Outlook Express on my old computer. Tried to
find the .pst file; but the seach could not find one. Can you tell me when to
look so I can copy this file to my new computer? I want to copy all my email
messages and my contacts. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Old August 7th 06, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

OE doesnt use a pst file, it uses dbx files
See here for info on OE
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

news