Outlook 2007 Beta 2 Won't Start

Old May 24th 06, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Ricardo N

Default Outlook 2007 Beta 2 Won't Start

When I start Outlook the "Configuring Outlook" pop up saying it's migrating
account settings comes up. That is as far as it goes because it locks up.
I've tried starting it in safe mode and running the diagnostic program. Is
there a way to get it to not import settings?

Thanks,

Ricardo
Old May 24th 06, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John from Puget Sound

I don't recall it ever getting a migrating dialog. For me it shows my old
email but complains that data file can not be found. Where did you find the
diagnostic program, what's the name to search for it? Thanks & good luck.

Old May 24th 06, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Ricardo N

The diagnostic program started up on its own after the 2nd reboot. First
reboot asked if I wanted to start Outlook in safe mode. When that didn't
work and I started outlook for the 3rd time it asked me if i wanted to run
the diagnostic tool.

Ricardo

Old May 31st 06, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
OR

Hi, I am having a problem starting Outlook 2007 Beta 2. It terminates itself
right at startup. It won't even come up in safe mode and th diagnostic
program has never shown up... This is a brand new install of XP, office 2003
and then upgrade to beta 2 office 2007. Any ideas on this?

Old June 6th 06, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
_WHAT_

I have this problem to.

No problems at home running on my private mashine. But I just tried to
install on my mashine at work. When I start the program the migrating dialog
comes op and a copy dialog opens where it says retrieving mailbox settings...
This just keeps on beeing there and nothing happens at all.

Any one got som info on this problem ?? I am running of a exchange server
could that be it ?

Old June 6th 06, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
OR

I had to reinstall the older version of Outlook to run with the rest of the
2007 office. I couldn't find an answer and need to use Outlook so hopefully
the next release will fix this...

Old June 6th 06, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rob

I have the same issue, i have tried a fresh install, I have tried upgrades
and I have yet to get outlook 2007 to start. Does anyone know if it is
compatible with exchange 2000? I am stuck on this and I really would like to
test it out... All other programs work correctly.