Outlook 2003 and WinXP user profiles

Old May 24th 06, 10:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Robert M Jones

Default Outlook 2003 and WinXP user profiles

I am installing Office 2003 Student and Teacher
edition on a new XPHome system I have built. I am
new to Office 2003 and to XP but familiar with
Outlook 98 and Win98SE

I have two users on the XP machine - one is
Robert-Admin and the other is Robert-User. At the
moment they both have admin rights but eventually
when the machine is set up and in use, Robert-User
will not have admin rights and that will be the
user I will log on as unless I am doing set up or
maintenance stuff.

I installed Office while logged in as Robert
Admin, but later, mistakenly imported from an old
pst while logged in as Robert Admin rather than as
Robert User. I have repeated the import as Robert
User, but want to know how to get rid of the
duplicated data settings etc
in Robert Admin as I won't be using Outlook in
that account.
What files would I need to delete?
Many thanks.
--
Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk

Old May 24th 06, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Robert M Jones wrote:

I installed Office while logged in as Robert
Admin, but later, mistakenly imported from an old
pst while logged in as Robert Admin rather than as
Robert User. I have repeated the import as Robert
User, but want to know how to get rid of the
duplicated data settings etc
in Robert Admin as I won't be using Outlook in
that account.

You may have damaged your mail profile by importing an entire PST. Never
import from a PST. There's never a reason for it. Start with a new mail
profile and simply include that PST as the delivery location in the profile.
--
Brian Tillman