Easy way to set reply to address?

Old May 9th 06, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Martin Zardecki

Default Easy way to set reply to address?

Is there a way to quickly and easily set the reply-to address when sending
an email?

I belong to various mailing lists and these lists only accept emails from
various specific addresses so that if I'm for one list
and
I'd like to be able to switch quickly and easily
between these.

The only think I've found so far is in the options I can change the reply
to using the contact list or I assume I can type something in also but is
there a way to show (and change) the reply-to address in the email composition
window?

Thanks,

Martin

Old May 10th 06, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Martin Zardecki wrote:

Is there a way to quickly and easily set the reply-to address when
sending an email?

I belong to various mailing lists and these lists only accept emails
from various specific addresses so that if I'm for
one list and
I'd like to be able to switch quickly
and
easily between these.

Create two accounts, one with each address, and use the Accounts button to
chose the correct sender. It works for me.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 10th 06, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Martin Zardecki

Thanks for the reply, but multiple accounts require multiple mailboxes whereas
I'm trying to use aliases on the same mailbox.

Old May 10th 06, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Martin Zardecki wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but multiple accounts require multiple
mailboxes whereas I'm trying to use aliases on the same mailbox.

No they don't.
--
Brian Tillman
Old May 10th 06, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Martin Zardecki

So here's what happens, I setup multiple accounts going to the same mailbox
such that each account has a different email address. This solves the problem
of being able to send emails using different aliases.

But I have the the delete option on the pop3 tab turned off such that my
emails will stay on the server until I delete them from the inbox....I do
this in case I may wish to use the email from a different PC or location.

Now Outlook pulls down the same email for each account into my personal inbox.

The functionality I'm looking for in outlook is the ability to specify different
aliases (email addresses) for a single account....Thunderbird does this via
"Identities". Alternatively if a "Reply-to" line could be presented in message
composition window so that typing in a reply-to address could be easy would
also solve the problem.

My reason for needing alias capabilities is privacy, if I'm subscribing to
a public mailing list I want to use an alias instead of my regular email.
Yes I could open another Hotmail or Gmail account but using aliases allows
me to control all my emails from a single source.

If these features don't exist I humbly submit them as feature requests.

Thanks for your feedback.

Old May 10th 06, 07:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Martin Zardecki wrote:

But I have the the delete option on the pop3 tab turned off such that
my emails will stay on the server until I delete them from the
inbox....I do this in case I may wish to use the email from a different PC
or
location.
Now Outlook pulls down the same email for each account into my
personal inbox.

You don't state your Outlook version, so I'm assuming Outlook 2002/2003.

Change your send/receive group so that one of the accounts doesn't download
mail at all. While viewing Inbox, press ALT-CTRL-S. Select your
send/receive group (probably "All Accounts") and click Edit. Select the
second account and uncheck the box labeled "Receive mail items" or, in fact,
you may even be able to uncheck "Include the selecte account in this group".
That's what I've done.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 10th 06, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Martin Zardecki

Yep, that did the trick, thanks for all your help

Last question, in the group edit dialog in allows you to specify which mailbox
the account will use for send/receive....only the inbox is selectable, any
way to make other mail folder available that you know of?

Thanks again,

Martin

Old May 11th 06, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Martin Zardecki wrote:

Yep, that did the trick, thanks for all your help

You're welcome.

Last question, in the group edit dialog in allows you to specify
which mailbox the account will use for send/receive....only the inbox
is selectable, any way to make other mail folder available that you
know of?

Nope. Only the Inbox can receive mail for POP accounts.
--
Brian Tillman