How to recover removed data files

Old April 2nd 06, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Winston Rolle

Default How to recover removed data files

I am on an exchane network and removed that setup from my outlook email
configuration by mistake. How do I recover that file so I can restore my
contacts and email messages
--
WCR
Old April 2nd 06, 04:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
William Lefkovics [MVP]

I'm not sure what you mean by 'removed data files'.

Ideally, your email/contacts/etc remain all nice and safe in their Exchange
mailbox.

If you are talking about recreating your profile for your Exchange server:
You would recreate the account by going to the mail icon in Control Panel.
Double click it and select Email accounts.
Add a new email account.
Select Microsoft Exchange Server
Enter the name of your exchange server and your username.

Tools--Email accounts--?

Old April 2nd 06, 11:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Winston Rolle

The problem is I no longer have acces to the Exchange server and would like
to access my personal folders that had file, contacts etc. The Exchange email
account was removed and the personal folders not saved. Is there a file on my
computer that has all that information?
--
WCR

Old April 2nd 06, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
William Lefkovics [MVP]

There would be an .ost (for offline folders) or a .pst (for personal
folders). If you can find either of them, then maybe you can get the
content.

the personal folders not saved

That doesn't sound good.

Old April 2nd 06, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Winston Rolle

OK. I found the OST File. What is the next step. There is no personal folders
in outlook now.
--
WCR

Old April 7th 06, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
[email protected]

The file might got corrupted or lost partially. I'm not pretty sure,
but I suppose you trying some powerful data recovery tool. that might
really help, cause I once got in a simmilar way, and the utility I
used, Undelete, was able to solve the problem. You might really try
that.
http://www.active-undelete.com/