cant open Outlook get error message?

Old March 3rd 10, 06:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
gaynagayna

Default cant open Outlook get error message?

Recently I have been unable to open Outlook 2007, I am using Vista, it starts
to open but then get a message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot
open the Outlook window." I need this as urgently. Can you please help???
Old March 3rd 10, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL[_2_]

Try; Start Run
outlook.exe /resetnavpane
or
outlook.exe /safe
(Note space between exe /)

Old March 3rd 10, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Orland, Kathleen

You have a start button in your lower left-hand corner. It's how you log
off, shut down the computer, and restart. You can also use it to scroll up
to your programs, etc.

Since you're using Vista the actual command is:

Start Start Search outlook.exe /resetnavpane

(note the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane)

Then hit enter.

Old March 7th 10, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Laurie

Hi,

I had trouble with my outlook 2007 installed on 2 computers. 1 will not
send from fightline and virous was turned off and SMTP verified. I was on
the help line for 2 hours wthout resolution.

My computer would not open Outlook and I tried to repair it and it
uninstalled. Why did my 2003 version disappear when I installed a new 2007
version? I have Vista Ultimate. I can not even reinstall Outlook 2007 so
now I am without and not happy!

Laurie

Old March 8th 10, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Orland, Kathleen

You have to uninstall the old version, you can't run two at the same time.
If you think you're missing your old information, hopefully you didn't
overwrite it by creating a new PST with the same name. Search for *.pst
(include hidden folders and files, use the Advanced options to do that). You
should see archive.pst and at least outlook.pst which should contain all
your emails, contacts, etc. You can determine that from the size.