Want Outlook not to send my mail as soon as it hits the outbox

Old March 30th 06, 12:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
-

Default Want Outlook not to send my mail as soon as it hits the outbox

Earlier on there was a checkbox in the Outlook program, where if checked
outgoing mail would be in the outbox until a send/retrieve action was carried
out. I miss this feature, because then i have a 5 minute period to make
alterations to my mail etc., and also avoid sending unfinished mails just
because i accidentally hit the "send" button.

I've now looked and looked though in my Outlook2002, and can't find out where
I probably should be able to find a checking mark, so therefore I now turn to
this newsgroup in the hope that somebody can help me.

Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Many regards from Denmark

Flemming Paalsson
Old March 30th 06, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Christian Goeller

-, you wrote on Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:30:50 +0200:

Earlier on there was a checkbox in the Outlook program, where if checked
outgoing mail would be in the outbox until a send/retrieve action was carried
out. I miss this feature, because then i have a 5 minute period to make
alterations to my mail etc., and also avoid sending unfinished mails just
because i accidentally hit the "send" button.

I've now looked and looked though in my Outlook2002, and can't find out where
I probably should be able to find a checking mark, so therefore I now turn to
this newsgroup in the hope that somebody can help me.

You find this option under

Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup

and there besides the Send/Receive-Button.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
Old March 31st 06, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Flemming Paalsson

On 30-03-2006 17:35:57, "Flemming Paalsson" wrote:
On 30-03-2006 15:10:39, Christian Goeller wrote:
-, you wrote on Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:30:50 +0200:

Earlier on there was a checkbox in the Outlook program, where if checked
outgoing mail would be in the outbox until a send/retrieve action was carried
out. I miss this feature, because then i have a 5 minute period to make
alterations to my mail etc., and also avoid sending unfinished mails just
because i accidentally hit the "send" button.

I've now looked and looked though in my Outlook2002, and can't find out where
I probably should be able to find a checking mark, so therefore I now turn to
this newsgroup in the hope that somebody can help me.

You find this option under

Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup

and there besides the Send/Receive-Button.

Of course.. It makes sense.. I just thought about the function as when it
started up - but it's a general action.. Thank you so much for your help
Christian - it is very much appreciated !

Many kind regards

Flemming

I've now unchecked the radio button, but now it also cancels the automatic
send/recieve every five minutes that I still would like to have enabled. I
just don't want to have my mails sent immediately, but just pretty fast
afterwards - also because I want the comp to automatically send and recieve
without me having to push send/recieve all the time...

Can you be of further assistance Christian ? Anyone else ?

Many regards and thank you in advance :-)

Flemming Paalsson
Old March 31st 06, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Flemming Paalsson wrote:

I've now unchecked the radio button, but now it also cancels the
automatic send/recieve every five minutes that I still would like to
have enabled. I just don't want to have my mails sent immediately,
but just pretty fast afterwards - also because I want the comp to
automatically send and recieve without me having to push send/recieve
all the time...

Having a send/receive interval enabled, but unchecking the "Send immediately
when connected" option on ToolsOptionsMail Setup should do what you want.
--
Brian Tillman