Incoming font/formatting messing up

Old January 29th 10, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
RW[_3_]

Default Incoming font/formatting messing up

I sometimes get font/formatting messed up on incoming messages. I've looked
in all the settings I can think of & can't find the answer. It looks okay
in my web-based email version, but when Outlook downloads the message, it
gets corrupted.

For instance, this:

'Get Fit!' - Yoga w/ Tess
'Get Fit!' - Pilates w/ Meghan

became this (hope the corruption is visible):

§Â â?~Get Fit!â?T â?" Yoga w/ Tess
§ â?~Get Fit!â?T â?" Pilates w/ Meghan

I've tried changing various font & international settings, but haven't found
the right thing. I'm running Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP2 MSO
(12.0.6425.1000) - enterprise version provided by my university.

Any help much appreciated!

Old January 29th 10, 01:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
RW[_3_]

....Well the corrupted version actually looks a little different than what I
see in the message I just posted, but hopefully, you get the idea.

Old January 29th 10, 12:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"RW" wrote in message

I sometimes get font/formatting messed up on incoming messages. I've looked
in all the settings I can think of & can't find the answer. It looks okay in
my web-based email version, but when Outlook downloads the message, it gets
corrupted.

For instance, this:

'Get Fit!' - Yoga w/ Tess
'Get Fit!' - Pilates w/ Meghan

became this (hope the corruption is visible):

'B b?~Get Fit!b?T b?" Yoga w/ Tess
B'B b?~Get Fit!b?T b?" Pilates w/ Meghan

Outlook 2007 uses Word as its rendering engine and, as such, does not present
HTML messages exactly as a web browser might. In particular, there are
significant differences in how it interprets CSS information. Expect rendered
HTML to look different in Outlook than in a web browser.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 29th 10, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
RW[_3_]

Thanks Brian!

I sort of knew that (sort of!). So there are no settings to get a better
display? Just have to live with it?

Old January 29th 10, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"RW" wrote in message
news
I sort of knew that (sort of!). So there are no settings to get a better
display? Just have to live with it?

There are guidelines to write HTML so that it is rendered in nearly the same
fashion by both a web browser and Word, but the sender must follow those
guidelines. I doubt you'll convince your senders to comply with the
restrictions necessary.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]