GMail and Outlook 2007

Old January 19th 10, 06:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sachin Jain

Default GMail and Outlook 2007

Trying to configure Gmail with Outlook 2007 as per
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=77689

I'm able to get email in the Inbox but not able to send.

Do we know if any tweaking is required in smtp settings?

Thanks
Sachin

Old January 19th 10, 08:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Krudd the Dud

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:25:15 +0530, "Sachin Jain" wrote:

Trying to configure Gmail with Outlook 2007 as per
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=77689

I'm able to get email in the Inbox but not able to send.

Do we know if any tweaking is required in smtp settings?

Thanks
Sachin

Did you set up TLS & the correct port?
Old January 19th 10, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Sachin Jain wrote:

Trying to configure Gmail with Outlook 2007 as per
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=77689

I'm able to get email in the Inbox but not able to send.

Do we know if any tweaking is required in smtp settings?

You thought "not able to send" was a good copy of whatever was the real
error message that you get for anyone else to know what was the error?
Regarding error or status messages:

- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).

You don't even mention what type of e-mail account you defined in Outlook
(POP/SMTP, IMAP/SMTP, HTTP, Exchange). You don't mention if you ever went
into the options for your Gmail account to enable that type of access.
Unlike many e-mail providers that let you optionally choose to encrypt your
login credentials (and only your login, not the content of your e-mails),
Gmail demands it. So did you enable SSL on the mail servers defined in the
e-mail account you created in Outlook?