Sent email show up in Inbox

Old October 5th 09, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Don S.

Default Sent email show up in Inbox

Hi

Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is
reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail.

Thanks

Don

Old October 5th 09, 09:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello

What does OE have to do with Outlook's Inbox? Where are you sending the mail
from (seems like Outlook) but which Inbox is it showing up in?

Old October 5th 09, 10:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Roady [MVP]

Using a Gmail account via POP3? Perfectly normal then;
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=16418

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Old October 5th 09, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Roady [MVP] wrote:

Using a Gmail account via POP3? Perfectly normal then;
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=16418

True when using Gmail's webmail interface to send e-mails. The OP said
the "sent emails from Outlook". Presumably that means the OP used
Outlook to send the e-mails, not the webmail interface to Gmail.

The OP did not mention if the appearance of the copy in the Inbox was
immediate or occurred on the next mail poll. If immediate, something
local is causing the problem. If on the next mail poll, looking at the
headers might reveal the problem or at the server-side settings on his
account. All the OP said is a copy shows up in his Inbox but not WHEN
it shows up.

Some add-ons can perform an auto-Bcc of outgoing e-mails so it's
possible the OP specified himself as the recipient of the auto-Bcc copy.
Running Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe") would eliminate
any enabled add-ons to test if the problem continued thereafter or not.
The OP should also check his rules in Outlook and also up on his mailbox
(i.e., server-side rules). Add-ons that auto-Bcc or server-side rules
would have the copy show up in the next mail poll (to receive the new
e-mail). Add-ons that manage local copies of e-mails or rules will
cause an immediate appearance or modification of the item(s).