freezing OUTLOOK 2000 on SBS 2003

Old March 27th 06, 06:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Adrian Bányácski

Default freezing OUTLOOK 2000 on SBS 2003

Hi,
please could anybody help me ? In our company is installed OUTLOOK 2000. We
using WINDOWS SBS 2003 SERVER. Sometimes when somebody close OUTLOOK then,
on the desktop stay small window with logo OUTLOOK and text "Please wait
while aplication MICROSOFT OUTLOOK finishing". So when i want end this
windows i must kill this process thru taskmanager.
Any idea why ?
PS: Event LOG on SERVER seems clear.
Thanks so much,
Adrian Banyacski

Old March 27th 06, 03:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

Are there any add ins, COMs, fax software or other software that are running
and might keep Outlook open?
--
Kathleen Orland
Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light

Old March 30th 06, 07:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Adrian Bányácski

No just only classic EXCHANGE server with MBX´s and several Public Folders.
thanks
"K. Orland" píąe v diskusním příspěvku

Old March 30th 06, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Why are you using Outlook 2000? SBS comes with a license for 2003. There was
a problem with 2000 not closing cleanly and windows won't close until
outlook does - it had to do with the mapi spooler if I recall. If applying
all sp's and updates for 2000 doesn't fix it, you're stuck with it until you
upgrade to a newer version.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old March 30th 06, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

With the hot fixes there's no problem with OL2K and SBS 2003. I have a bunch
of OL2K machines/VM's running here against my SBS 2003 server.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old March 31st 06, 09:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Adrian Bányácski

Because we have intercompany software which need OUTLOOK 2000.
Because this software sending mails on backround very often.
OUTLOOK 2003 have a protection against aplication which aren´t MAPI
PROVIDER. So every user must confirm a dialog window....

So i was talking with czech technical support and they told me that exist
any hotfix but this hotfix is just only for OFFICE pack and we have only
OUTLOOK 2000 licenced.

So this problem is unsolvable...

Thanks a lot all,
Adrian Banyacski

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" píąe v diskusním příspěvku

Old March 31st 06, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Adrian Bányácski wrote:

Because we have intercompany software which need OUTLOOK 2000.
Because this software sending mails on backround very often.
OUTLOOK 2003 have a protection against aplication which aren´t MAPI
PROVIDER. So every user must confirm a dialog window....

This tool can help you deal with that:
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
--
Brian Tillman