Search Desktop Removal

Old September 24th 09, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Terri

Default Search Desktop Removal

I installed office 2007 and am not happy with Search Desktop - how do I
remove this? I looked in Remove and Add Programs but it is not there.
Any suggestions are apprecaited.
Old September 24th 09, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

That's Windows Desktop Search. What don't you like about it? Its definitely
faster than the native outlook search.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

Old September 24th 09, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Terri

Ok - I will give it a shot and see how I like it. But I have another question
because I know you are the pro!
With Smart Tags - how does this work? I turned everything on but when I type
my address, it does not complete. Cannot seem to find the answer to this and
have spent hours trying to figure it out.
Thanks!

Old September 24th 09, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I'm not sure that is from a smart tag - I couldn't get it to come up like
that and quick parts didn't work that way either. I know what you're
talking about but I don't remember what triggered it in older versions.

Old September 24th 09, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Ok... it was autotext in older versions and quick parts in 2007. (Nice to
know I'm only half forgetful ) But it doesn't pop up the suggestion - you
need to type part of the word and press F3. Ie, to insert your name type
"ter" the F3. If you have an entry for Terri and terrier, F3 won't work -
it needs a unique entry, like "terri l"