Outlook 2007 locks at startup

Old September 1st 09, 09:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Manlio

Default Outlook 2007 locks at startup

Due to a PC serious crash I was forced to reinstall Outlook 2007.
During the import of my old pst file (saved for emergency), the data
acquisition stopped and Outlook freezed (may be the pst was
corrupted).
After several attempts to clear the problem I unistalled again the
program, but, at new install, Outlook locks at startup as it seems to
load the corrupted pst data.
I made many and many trials to clear the situation ( delete .dat
files, use of command mode clearing/resetting parameters, use of
Windows Install Clean up utility etc) without any good result.
I am unable to fully clean the first failed installation.
Pls help to make a new clean install (as at the first time) in order
to avoid the loading of old pst data.
Thanks

Manlio
Old September 1st 09, 09:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello

Have you tried using the Control Panel's Mail applet to create a fresh PST
file? Between the Data Files tab & the Email tab you should be able to
create a new PST file and make it your default one.

news

Old September 1st 09, 10:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Manlio

Followup to msg on Tue, 1 Sep 2009 04:40:29 -0400, "Vince Averello"
:
(Original msg on bottom)

Yes I did it, Outlook seems to charge pst data but still I cannot use
it as the program looks freezed. ie. the mouse prompt disappears when
over the Outlook window, keyboard commands have no effect .. I really
don't know what to do, other that a REALLY clean unistall.
Thanks for support
Manlio

Have you tried using the Control Panel's Mail applet to create a fresh PST
file? Between the Data Files tab & the Email tab you should be able to
create a new PST file and make it your default one.

news

Old September 1st 09, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Manlio" wrote in message
news
Due to a PC serious crash I was forced to reinstall Outlook 2007.
During the import of my old pst file (saved for emergency), the data
acquisition stopped and Outlook freezed (may be the pst was
corrupted).

If this were to happen to me, I'd run a repair install of Office, then start
with a new mail profile, add the PST as the delivery location (NOT import it)
to the new mail profile, and try again.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old September 3rd 09, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Manlio

Followup to msg on Tue, 1 Sep 2009 08:55:26 -0400, "Brian Tillman
[MVP - Outlook]" :
(Original msg on bottom)

Hi Brian, that was what I did .. unfortunately without any good
result.
I have spent more time on that failure and worked on the pst file, as
I understood the freezing occurred "while" Outlook loaded the pst.
(Note: I made a scan of the pst and resulted without errors!)
So, going deeper in the problem I started to delete some folders. I
have been lucky as at the second folder I got the result that Outlook
loaded freely and totally, and works ok.The corrupted area was off !
Now .. I would appreciate if someone may help me understanding:
1) which could be the cause of the corruption ?
2) why the scan-pst gave no sign of that error ?
3) if there is something I may do to avoid that, in future.

Thanks for support
Manlio

news

Old September 4th 09, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
wangdong[_2_]

Maybe your pst file was broken.You can try a popular Outlook recovery
tool called Advanced Outlook Repair to repair your PST file. It is a
powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from
corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe

Wangdong