How do I avoid being tarpitted as a suspected spammer?

Old August 31st 09, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
fearpete

Default How do I avoid being tarpitted as a suspected spammer?

My business has a mailing list of approximately 1,800 email addresses. We
actually have over 4,000 contacts, but only 1,800 have asked in or are
otherwise appropriate for these newsletters (local Chambers of Commercer,
etc.). There is no opt-on or double opt-on script on my website. I just
build the list based on people who contact me. We don't use any email
distribution software, which is a step to come for sure but for now, I only
have a "Distribution List" through Outlook. However, my emails through this
distribution list are being rejected, due to "tarpitting," as a "suspected
spammer," with the additional clue of "31/30 max_bad_to". I don't mind
removing people from our newsletter/mailing list; and as much as I hate to
admit I deserve outside censure, I understand it if my human error has caused
unwanted intrustion upon peoples' privacy. However, the vast majority of the
people who are not receiving these newsletters are people who want them:
people of whose interest I have firsthand knowledge. As someone who is
legitimate, or at least not an intentional spammer, how can I override this?
Old August 31st 09, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

[...]

Try doing mail merges instead of sending to everyone on the same To line?

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Old September 1st 09, 09:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Blessing[_2_]

fearpete wrote:
[...]

Some form of sending individual emails is the way to go. Either try mail
merge (look it up in the help) or try our email scheduler
(http://www.repeatmail.com) which will allow you to send multiple individual
emails, html or plain text, with attachments, either as a one-off or
regularly at a specified time and interval. The recipients list can be drawn
from your Outlook Contacts, a plain text file,database or spreadsheet. It
also allows you to specify the interval between each send so as to avoid
triggering any spam limits on your account. Outlook is not needed to send.
Your machine needs to be switched on, but you don't even have to be logged
in. Works with Win 98/XP/2003/Vista
--
John Blessing

http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software