Cannot get Exchange email with Outlook 2007 through wireless connection

Old August 25th 09, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
john doe

Default Cannot get Exchange email with Outlook 2007 through wireless connection

Yes, you are right. The DNS was wrong on the wireless. Thank you for your
help.
Much appreciated and solved.
Thanks

"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote in message
Sounds like you have a DNS issue on the wireless LAN adapter. Check the
TCP/IP settings on the wireless adapter and make sure you've got the right
DNS servers assigned.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"john doe" wrote in message
No, nothing is different. I've turned the firewall off on the vista
laptop which turns it off for the wired and wireless.
I can't ping the exchange server by name but I can ip address with the
wireless connection.
I can ping the exchange server by name and ip with the wired connection.

"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote in message
Do you have a firewall, or different firewall settings, running on your
wireless than on your wired connection on that laptop?

Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from that laptop?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html

"john doe" wrote in message
I am the IT guy.
We don't have a firewall between the wireless and our infrastructure.
Thanks for the help.

"Vince Averello" wrote in message
Hmmm, check with your IT folk if they've got some sort of differences
between the wireless & wired network. I know in our offices there's a
firewall of sorts between the wireless net and the rest of our
infrastructure.

"john doe" wrote in message
Internal and thanks for your help.

signature database 4357 (20090821) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 4363 (20090824) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old August 25th 09, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Glad you got it sorted.

Best wishes and aloha,

Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: