IncrediMail Question

Old August 18th 09, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dell Christopher

Default IncrediMail Question

Not surprisingly, there does not appear to be an IncrediMail newsgroup. I'm
hopeful to get some guidance here.

I have a Dell Dimension 8400, with WinXP and the IncrediMail application. I
am unable to turn the computer on due to a blown capacitor. However, I
believe the hard drive is in good shape for me to recover data.

Has anyone here had any success with restoring IncrediMail? I'm confident I
can locate the data files, but will they import back into a new installation
of IncrediMail on a new computer? I don't even want to install it on the
new computer, but I figured that would have to be the first step before
importing it into Outlook; from what little research I've done, that does
not sound like a fun task. I have been able to export IncrediMail in the
past when the computer is working and I can open the application.
Unfortunately, that is not an option here.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old August 18th 09, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tom Willett[_2_]

You asked that question already in one of these newsgroups, and received a
flood of replies. Suggest you go back and read them.

Then, if that doesn't help, Google for "Incredimail forums". They do exist.
m...
:

Old August 18th 09, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

This is the Microsoft news server, I'm not sure why you would expect to find
anything about incredimail here. This forum is for Outlook.

If the hard drive is good, you should be able to recover the contents of
it - where incredimail stores data and how you'd recover it is not something
most of us would know. You'll need to ask incredimail support about that.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Old August 18th 09, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Paul M. Cook

[...]

Replace the motherboard and run Windows off the existing hard drive - let it
rebuild its drivers and get it reasonably stable. Then you can work with
Incredimail. Export your files and save them with whatever else you want
backed up. Then do a fresh reload of XP. You'll have to do all that
anyway, just let XP run off the new MB and make it proper after the backup.

Paul

Old August 18th 09, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

You allready have an earlier post on this in another MS group
You havent responded to the answeres there either

Old August 19th 09, 06:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Dell Christopher wrote:

[...]

Go read replies to your MULTI-posted copy of your SAME message you
submitted yesterday in the microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
group. Or are you going to roam around the various microsoft.public
newsgroups in a shotgun approach trying to find an answer that you like
better?

Learn to cross-post:

A point not made is that N multi-posted copies will consume N times the
disk space for each of the separate copies of the same post.
Cross-posted messages have just *one* copy on the server with links in
the newsgroups back to the same single copy. Multi-posting wastes disk
space on the server. Yes, your post may be small but remember that you
consume N times the space on one server and then do so again on all the
newsgroups servers worldwide. You waste more bandwidth getting N copies
of your multi-posted message distributed to all the newsgroups servers
worldwide. Cross-posting has just one copy of the message on an NNTP
server, and only one copy gets propagated to other NNTP servers.

To those visiting the newsgroups, cross-posting helps them see ALL the
replies from those in the other RELATED newsgroup to which you linked
your post. That way, they don't waste their time duplicating similar