Can't open the attached file in Simplified Word

Old August 13th 09, 03:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Cannot read simplified word file.[_2_]

Default Can't open the attached file in Simplified Word

When I received the mail with attachment in Simplified Word, I save it into
the computer, however when i open, there's no word inside!! (There must have
content inside!! because i forward that mail to my personal email accounts, i
can see the attachment!)

What can i do? Is there any problem in Outlook?

Old August 13th 09, 04:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

What is Simplified Word?

Do you see the attachment as soon as you hit Forward? If so it means the
message was corrupted, often by an Antivirus scanner.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Old August 13th 09, 05:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Perhaps the OP means Simplified Chinese?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Diane Poremsky [MVP] asked:

Old August 13th 09, 09:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Cannot read simplified word file.[_2_]

Thanks Diane Poremsky and Milly Staples reply.

Simplifed Word is ---character simplified (Chinese Word)

When i hit the forward button, and save that file, it's really work!!! And
i can see the content of the document. How come?! What should I do then?

Old August 13th 09, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

t.com wrote in message

Simplifed Word is ---character simplified (Chinese Word)

When i hit the forward button, and save that file, it's really work!!! And
i can see the content of the document. How come?! What should I do then?

As Diane said, it's often caused by scanning incoming mail. Uninstall your AV
program and reinstall it without the mail scanning feature to see if that
helps.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 13th 09, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

if it works on forward, something is causing corruption in the message - the
process of forwarding it allows outlook to fix it on the Forward. It could
be an antivirus scanner scanning incoming email or something with the mail
server - this was a problem back when Outlook 2003 and affected mail sent
through certain mail servers. (I can't find my notes on it - but it was
fixed in an update.)

oh, is it coming from a mac? Are you using Outlook 2003? See In Office
Outlook 2003, you cannot open Macintosh binary attachments after you install
security update MS08-15
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=951679

Old August 18th 09, 05:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Cannot read simplified word file.[_2_]

Thanks Diane Poremsky!
is there any set up should i set in antivirus then? how to solve this
problem?
My computer is not mac and my Outlook is 2003.

What can i do? as i need to help my boss to solve this problem. he don't
want to click the forward button to open the file. it takes long time and
trouble.

Old August 18th 09, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

t.com wrote in message

is there any set up should i set in antivirus then? how to solve this
problem?

Uninstall your antivirus program and reinstall it without the mail scanning
feature.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]