Creating Categories from a file listing

Old March 23rd 06, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ben h

Default Creating Categories from a file listing

Hi all,
I'm very new to Outlook scripting (so new I've never tried it), though
have experience with VBA, and windows script host etc.

I have an excel file with a listing of some categories that I want to
'import' into my, and others, outlook. We are not joined to a domain,
though we do have an exchange server (on SBS).

The list looks a bit like this (it mirrors our file system folder
structure):

ADM
ADM-COM
ADM-COM-TM
ADM-FIN
ADM-FIN-TS
ADM-FIN-EXP

etc ad nauseum.

How would I create some programmatic way to make sure all of our Master
Category lists remain the same? And for new people to our group, to
insert all these categories into their Master list?

Thanks in advance
Ben
Old March 24th 06, 05:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

ideas at:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/categories.htm
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm

master categories are stored in the registry - so you could use a log on
script to update the list, but that will erase any custom categories the
users added (the categories will still be on the items they assigned them
to, just not in the master list).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]