KitchenAid K5AWJ Water Jacket for 5-Quart Stand Mixers

Old May 21st 09, 12:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default KitchenAid K5AWJ Water Jacket for 5-Quart Stand Mixers

List Price:$69.99
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00004SGFR
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004SGFR

I bought this for my sister but it did not work on her professional Kitchenaid.
i was very excited to have a water jacket for my mixer, and after i ordered it became concerned it may not fit my mixer. I was sent an e-mail from the seller that it is, though i opened the box up and found it to be completely incompatable with the KSM150 series. I am now awaiting (sadly) a return #. I'm envious of those of you with the bowl-lift models
I love the bowl. I put warm water in it when kneading my bread, then leave it in place for the first raising. The warmth speeds the process. The bowl conveniently stores attached to the stand.
This is an excellent accessory, but should come with one other inexpensive item in the box: a simple diagram about how to install it. My wife was so excited when this item arrived, but then almost sent it back because she was convinced that it was not suitable for our mixer, a 325 watt 5 quart version. Firstly, our model was not listed as supported on the jacket box and secondly she didn't notice that the two mounting handles are not QUITE opposite each other, so the bowl only fits on the stand one way round. (For us, that was with the mounting hooks facing outwards, not in as you might expect).A solid, well made accessory otherwise.
The Water Jacket for the Kitchen Aid mixer was something I though was overkill until I bought one. Once you have it you will find more and more uses to make cooking and baking great.I first used it to help cream butter and sugar for pastry dough and was amazed at how quickly it did the job. My next task was whipping cream for desserts and to fold into pudding. Last and certainly not least was keeping yeast warm and of course the dough. I am convinced that I saved twenty to thirty minutes of rise time when I made my famous kuchen (German cake).This product is well worth the money if you love to cook and bake like I do.Kitchen-Aid quality is matched by no other company. I am convinced that with care, my mixer and the accessories will outlast me and be able to be handed down to my children (they will probably fight over it). My oldest son is taking an interest in baking now !!Thanks to Kithcen Aid for wonderful products
The KitchenAid Water Jacket is a great accessory for the serious cook, this water jacket is meant for use with K5 and KSM5 model KitchenAid stand mixers. It hangs on the bowl yoke and surrounds the bowl with ice or boiling water to help maintain the temperature of ingredients during preparation. For example, boiling water would surround potatoes as they are mashed; ice would surround cream as it is whipped.
No need for serious bakers to race the clock any more with this KitchenAid water jacket. The jacket attaches to a 5-quart stand mixer and cools or warms the ingredients in the bowl as needed. For whipping cream, fill it with ice. To keep potatoes hot while you whip them, use hot water. With two latches that attach snugly to the bowl handles on a mixer, the stainless-steel jacket doesn't scoot around the counter. When you're finished whipping or mixing, hand wash it with mild detergent. --Emily Bedard

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

New Metro Design Beater Blade for 5-Quart KitchenAid Tilt-Head Mixers, Clear:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0015TMHFG
KitchenAid KBC5N Mixer Bowl Covers for 5-Quart Stand Mixer Bowls, Set of 2:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004SGFB
KitchenAid KMCC1KB Stand Mixer Cloth Cover, Khaki with Black Trim:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00007IT2T