Message size differ for user(user of exchange 2003) with outlook 2003and 2007

Old May 12th 09, 09:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Narendra[_2_]

Default Message size differ for user(user of exchange 2003) with outlook 2003and 2007

Hi,

When we configure the user of exchange server 2003 in Outlook 2007. we
observe that message size is different with Outlook 2003.
example for exchange server user (testuser) when we configure that in
Outlook 2003 for a mail it show size(824). when we configure the same
user in Outlook 2007 for same mail it shows size 3429.

if some have faced such problem. or know why its happening.

similarly i observe same user is configured on outlook 2007 on
different machine the mail size differs.so what does size indicate and
what all the parameters it depends

Any suggestion or pointer could be great help for us.

Thanks
Narendra

Old May 12th 09, 12:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
neo [mvp outlook]

Message size/fluctuations usually center around...

1) Message format (Plain text vs. HTML vs. Rich Text)
2) Attachments
3) What is included in the body (e.g. Signatures, embedded pictures, .etc)
of the message

Just so you know, Outlook 2007 uses Word 2007 as its e-mail editor. This
cannot be changed. Therefore you will pick up Word style sheets in HTML
messages where you wouldn't pick this up using Outlook 2003's built-in
e-mail editor. These style sheets can account for some additional size to
the message.