Yahoo Mail In Outlook

Old April 23rd 09, 08:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Melissa[_3_]

Default Yahoo Mail In Outlook

Hi there

Is there a way to view / download my Yahoo Mail to outlook?

Thank you

Melissa

Old April 23rd 09, 12:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Melissa" wrote in message
Hi there

Is there a way to view / download my Yahoo Mail to outlook?

Thank you

Melissa

If it's a paid-for yahoo.com account then yes. Otherwise you will need
something like YPOPS. Google it.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old April 23rd 09, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Pay $29 (or whatever they charge now) for an account and you can.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old April 25th 09, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Christian Goeller[_5_]

Diane Poremsky [MVP], you wrote on Thu, 23 Apr 2009 07:42:26 -0400:

Pay $29 (or whatever they charge now) for an account and you can.

Why do you have to pay for it [1], wheras we in Germany (perhaps in
other countries as well) get POP3 access for free [2]?

[1]http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-06.html
[2]http://help.yahoo.com/l/de/yahoo/mail/pop/pop-06.html

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
Old April 25th 09, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alias[_16_]

Christian Goeller wrote:
Diane Poremsky [MVP], you wrote on Thu, 23 Apr 2009 07:42:26 -0400:

Pay $29 (or whatever they charge now) for an account and you can.

Why do you have to pay for it [1], wheras we in Germany (perhaps in
other countries as well) get POP3 access for free [2]?

[1]http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-06.html
[2]http://help.yahoo.com/l/de/yahoo/mail/pop/pop-06.html

Yahoo wanted to charge everyone and experimented with yahoo.com and
yahoo.ca. Then GMail came out so the experiment stayed with those two
and, of course, people like Diane foolishly ponied up the cash.

Alias
Old April 25th 09, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Christian Goeller[_5_]

Alias, you wrote on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:29:56 +0200:

Why do you have to pay for it [1], wheras we in Germany (perhaps in
other countries as well) get POP3 access for free [2]?

Yahoo wanted to charge everyone and experimented with yahoo.com and
yahoo.ca. Then GMail came out so the experiment stayed with those two
and, of course, people like Diane foolishly ponied up the cash.

Aha. Thank you for the clarification.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
Old April 26th 09, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Angie

I am not straight on this. If you do not pay, what do you need to do to run
a Yahoo account on Outlook

Old April 26th 09, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alias[_16_]

Angie wrote:
I am not straight on this. If you do not pay, what do you need to do to run
a Yahoo account on Outlook

Go to your Yahoo account on the web and you will find instructions there
and, if I recall correctly, you have to activate POP3 on the web
interface before you can pull them into Outlook as a part of the process.

Alias

Old April 27th 09, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I didn't pony up anything - I don't even use a yahoo account.

It's not necessarily foolish (and it's only $20/yr, not 30) - the fee is
worth it for some for the other features that come with the paid acct. You
also need to consider economy of scale - there are a lot more yahoo.com
addresses than yahoo.de.

Old April 27th 09, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Some of the tools listed at
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/serv...line.asp#tools will pull yahoo
mail in via a pop proxy service.