How do you change/reset the default folders for finding relatedmessages

Old May 21st 09, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Default How do you change/reset the default folders for finding related messages

You won't do it through the registry - advanced find doesn't write to the
registry. The only way to save searches now is as search folders, which is
less than useful unless you always use the same search conditions.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

wrote in message
Michael: I understand your issue . . .I would like to have a
resolution for this issue also. There must be a way to do this, if
not through the user interface, then perhaps through the
registry . . .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

On May 5, 10:14 am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
You can't change the default folders it uses.

My outlook 2007 uses the folder I'm working in and does not include
subfolders.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Outlook Tips by email:

You can access this newsgroup by
visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspxor
point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Michael Smith" wrote in message

Thanks for the response, but this doesn't actually answer my
question. I know how to change the folders once the dialog is open.
I want to change the *default* set of folders that are searched when
the dialog is first opened. The extra clicks to manually change the
searched folders (minimum of four) is a huge productivity drain
considering how frequently I use this.

Regards,
Michael

On Apr 23, 8:02 am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
In the Advanced find dialog, click the Browse button (click Stop if
its
searching) and select the folders you want to search in. If you aren't
using
subfolders uncheck the search subfolders option or uncheck the top
level
folder (Mailbox - Michael Smith) so the entire mailbox is not
searched.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

Outlook Tips by email:

You can access this newsgroup by
visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspxor
point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Michael Smith" wrote in message

According to this article for Office 2003, the default folders that
are searched for the "find related messages" function is "Inbox,
Drafts, and Sent Items".
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...153821033.aspx

I couldn't find an equivalent article for Office 2007, but either
this
changed in Outlook 2007, or I did something to change it since
finding
Items;Mailbox - Michael Smith").

Is there any way to change this to a different set of folders? I'd
be
fine with the default specified for Office 2003, but changing it to
more specific would also be nice? Having it search the entire
mailbox
makes things way too slow since it's searching stuff that could not
possibly be relevant for the search (and if it might be, I'd rather
explicitly add the other folders in manually)

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Michael

Old June 24th 09, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Amber

Default How do you change/reset the default folders for finding relate

I am having the same problem and wonder if I could at least create a macro to
easily change the selected folders whenever I search. I'm in Office 2003.
When I go to tools - macros (from advanced find) the 'create macro' option is
unavailable (my administration may have hidden it from me.)