Outlook Send fail - error 0x80070057

Old March 8th 09, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John L[_2_]

Default Outlook Send fail - error 0x80070057

Outlook 2007
POP account

This just started. I cannot send mail. I get error:

Task 'John (Comcast) - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not
complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.'

I repaired the account to comcast and all is OK. I have all my outgoing
eMails in the outbox.

I googled and it said registry problem a so I cleaned with registry mechanic
to no avail.

What is the error and how can I unclog my outbox?

John

--

*****************
John Lenz

Old March 9th 09, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Foldes[_2_]

Your outgoing Port is probably set at 25 when it should be set to 587. Change it and
then try sending. Let us know

--
Peter

Old January 4th 10, 05:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nina Butler

Default HELP- same error message (0x80070057)

I'm getting the same error message, but am not using Comcast. To make it more intriguing, other messages ARE going out, even those sent after the one message in error, but that message won't go. Any other ideas?

John L wrote:

Folks,This is a curious one. Ports were set correct.
07-Apr-09

Folks,

This is a curious one. Ports were set correct. To make it work I had to
change the password and reconnect. WHen taht worked, I reset the password
back and it took. Now it is working. It must have been a Comcast server
issue.

--

*****************
John Lenz

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message

On Sunday, March 08, 2009 6:22 PM
John L wrote:

Outlook Send fail - error 0x80070057
Outlook 2007
POP account

This just started. I cannot send mail. I get error:

Task 'John (Comcast) - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not
complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.'

I repaired the account to comcast and all is OK. I have all my outgoing
eMails in the outbox.

I googled and it said registry problem a so I cleaned with registry mechanic
to no avail.

What is the error and how can I unclog my outbox?

John

--

*****************
John Lenz

On Sunday, March 08, 2009 7:12 PM
DL wrote:

Did you not try Office Diagnostics?
Did you not try Office Diagnostics?

On Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:09 PM
Peter Foldes wrote:

Your outgoing Port is probably set at 25 when it should be set to 587.
Your outgoing Port is probably set at 25 when it should be set to 587. Change it and
then try sending. Let us know

--
Peter

"John L" wrote in message
news
On Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:20 AM
John L wrote:

Folks,This is a curious one. Ports were set correct.
Folks,

This is a curious one. Ports were set correct. To make it work I had to
change the password and reconnect. WHen taht worked, I reset the password
back and it took. Now it is working. It must have been a Comcast server
issue.

--

John Lenz

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message