can I have both outlook and outlook express?

Old February 28th 09, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
arj123

Default can I have both outlook and outlook express?

I have an existing email account in outlook express. I have attempted to set
up a second email account in Outlook 2003. I am not succeeding at sending an
email message from one to the other. Is it possible to have 2 emails on the
same computer using the different programs?
Thank you so very much for your answer and any instructions to help me do it
successfully.
arj123

Old March 2nd 09, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"arj123" wrote in message

I have an existing email account in outlook express. I have attempted to
set
up a second email account in Outlook 2003. I am not succeeding at sending
an
email message from one to the other. Is it possible to have 2 emails on
the
same computer using the different programs?

It's perfectly acceptable to have multiple mail clients on the same PC and
they can all access either the same mailboxes on the servers or different
ones. If you have accounts with different mail addresses defined in each
client you can easily send messages from one to the other.

Thank you so very much for your answer and any instructions to help me do
it
successfully.

So what happens when you try to send the message?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 7th 09, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BC[_2_]

Sure can,

Just be clear with which one is accessing which account...and if they will
leave a copy on the server etc..

I use Outlook for my main email, but also use OE for news groups...

When I switched to OE for email...I just removed those account from OE to
avoid double mail handling..

BC