How to change appointment time for a series?

Old February 2nd 06, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bryan

Default How to change appointment time for a series?

When I open a series I can not find a way to change the appointment time.

When the appointment time changes for a series event, how do I change the
appointment time for the series?

Outlook 2003

Old February 2nd 06, 08:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

Do you mean a "recurring appointment"?
--
Kathleen Orland
Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light

Old February 3rd 06, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

Are you connecting to an Exchange server or not? I know when I open a
recurring appointment (double-click on the appointment in the Calendar), it
asks me if I want to open the series or the occurrence.
--
Kathleen Orland
Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Bryan" wrote:

Yes.

Old February 3rd 06, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bryan

I'm using my OL as a stand alone product on my laptop. So, I think that I
am not connecting to an Exchange server.

As you describe, when I open a recurring appointment in the calendar, I am
asked if I want to open the occurence or the series.
If I open the occurence, the option to change the appointment time is
accessible.
If I open the series, there is no option to change the appointment time.

I tried opening an occurence and changing the appointment time, but, as
expected, it only changes the time for that single occurence; the remaining
recurring appointments show the original time.

It appears that the only way to change the appointment time for a recurring
appointment is to delete the series and rewrite the appointment. If this
isn't true, I'd like to figure out the solution becuase I create a lot of
recurring appointments whose times change for either a single occurence or
for a series.

Bryan

"K. Orland" wrote in message
Are you connecting to an Exchange server or not? I know when I open a
recurring appointment (double-click on the appointment in the Calendar),
it
asks me if I want to open the series or the occurrence.
--
Kathleen Orland
Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Bryan" wrote:

Yes.