very slow when I drag and drop emails to a folder

Old March 17th 06, 01:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Challenged 1

Default very slow when I drag and drop emails to a folder

When I drag and drop emails to a folder the transfer has become slower and
slower. I have upgraded my RAM to just under a gigabyte and that still
doesn't help. I have de-fragged, too. It used to be an almost instantaneous
transfer. Does the size of the folders impact this speed? What can I do to
speed this up?
Old March 17th 06, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

"Challenged 1" wrote in message
When I drag and drop emails to a folder the transfer has become slower and
slower. I have upgraded my RAM to just under a gigabyte and that still
doesn't help. I have de-fragged, too. It used to be an almost
instantaneous
transfer. Does the size of the folders impact this speed? What can I do
speed this up?

Hi - when you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode
(if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About.
Also include the type of mail account(s) you use and any other pertinent
details. (Be sure to put a consise summary of your question in the subject
line, and the full details in the body of your post.)

Presuming you're using a PST file, have you tried compacting it?

Old March 17th 06, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Challenged 1

Sorry for including more info. I'm not very tech-savvy. it is a 2003
version. I do not know what SP Level is or mode, but this is a standard
package with nothing special. I also am using a Dell Inspiron if that is
important. I don't know how to compact, please explain.

Old March 18th 06, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

"Challenged 1" wrote in message
Sorry for including more info. I'm not very tech-savvy. it is a 2003
version. I do not know what SP Level is or mode

Help | About should give you this.

, but this is a standard
package with nothing special. I also am using a Dell Inspiron if that is
important.

No, not really. But you ought to know what kind of email account you use,
right? POP3?

I don't know how to compact, please explain.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;291645 - generic
enough to apply to OL2003 as well. Of course, you should be making regular
backups of your PST file and all your data anyway, so do that first.