Link Outlook 2003 to Project pro 2003 without the server

Old March 15th 06, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.project
Microsoft

Default Link Outlook 2003 to Project pro 2003 without the server

Hi all, Is there away of linking my projects to my outlook calendar and task
list with out having to get the server. I am a only user and really dont
need a server just for this. All I want to do is take the projects I am
working on and have them in my task list and on my outlook calendar so I
dont have to keep inputting stuff twice. I want more then just exporting my
task list to project. I want when I complete a task on the project it is
also completed in outlook or the other way around. I dont see why this is
not posible. I should be able to create a link between the two for a task. I
use this for coding projects as well as other types of projects where I
really need to see it on my calendar.

thanks
Allen

Old March 16th 06, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.project
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In ,
Microsoft typed:
Hi all, Is there away of linking my projects to my outlook calendar
and task list with out having to get the server. I am a only user and
really dont need a server just for this. All I want to do is take the
projects I am working on and have them in my task list and on my
outlook calendar so I dont have to keep inputting stuff twice. I want
more then just exporting my task list to project. I want when I
complete a task on the project it is also completed in outlook or the
other way around. I dont see why this is not posible. I should be
able to create a link between the two for a task. I use this for
coding projects as well as other types of projects where I really
need to see it on my calendar.
thanks
Allen

Have you tried posting in an MS Project newsgroup? I think that might be the
best place to start...

Old March 16th 06, 04:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.project
Rick Williams

At http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1165 I have two macros -
one that exports your Project tasks to Outlook, and another that retrieves
status info from Outlook and updates Project.
Note:
Change
For Each oTask In ActiveProject.Tasks
For Each mspTask In ActiveProject.Tasks