Bellsouth.net mail not coming into OL2007

Old November 11th 08, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
pmaximal

Default Bellsouth.net mail not coming into OL2007

I have been having problems with my bellsouth.net mail coming into
OL2007. Some of the messages make it to OL2007 but not all. I spent
4 hours on the phone with att.net trying to fix the problem and it
seemed to be working after we disabled all of the startup programs
through msconfig, but this morning I see in webmail that there are
messages that aren't coming to OL2007. The send/receive is just
hanging up. Any help is appreciated.
Old November 11th 08, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

You should not change any windows files on the advice of att. Startup files
have nothing to do with Outlook. You must have an error in your account or
connection setup. Set up your account again as a new account and make sure
you have the correct servers, passwords, connection settings, security
settings. Use the ATT self help pages to check all the settings. Make sure
'Never dial a connection' is selected in Connections tab of Internet
Connections. DSL does NOT use dialup even though it uses the phone line. It's
a different broadband connection.

Old November 11th 08, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
pmaximal

"pmaximal" wrote:
I have been having problems with my bellsouth.net mail coming into
OL2007. *Some of the messages make it to OL2007 but not all. *I spent
4 hours on the phone with att.net trying to fix the problem and it
seemed to be working after we disabled all of the startup programs
through msconfig, but this morning I see in webmail that there are
messages that aren't coming to OL2007. *The send/receive is just
hanging up. *Any help is appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Mary, I've done all that multiple times. Curiously, now my
husband is having the same issue on his laptop. I didn't touch the
msconfig file on his. AT&T keeps sending me back to Microsoft about
the problem, but I think it is AT&T because I have another account in
Outlook that is coming through fine. Any more suggestions?
Old November 11th 08, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
pmaximal

"pmaximal" wrote:
I have been having problems with my bellsouth.net mail coming into
OL2007. *Some of the messages make it to OL2007 but not all. *I spent
4 hours on the phone with att.net trying to fix the problem and it
seemed to be working after we disabled all of the startup programs
through msconfig, but this morning I see in webmail that there are
messages that aren't coming to OL2007. *The send/receive is just
hanging up. *Any help is appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Mary, I've done all that multiple times. *Curiously, now my
husband is having the same issue on his laptop. *I didn't touch the
msconfig file on his. *AT&T keeps sending me back to Microsoft about
the problem, but I think it is AT&T because I have another account in
Outlook that is coming through fine. *Any more suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Found the root of the problem, turned of e-mail shield in Webroot
Spyware program. Worked on both computers. Appreciate your help.