The sound has disappeared when I attempt to permanently delete ite

Old November 8th 08, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
chief jay

Default The sound has disappeared when I attempt to permanently delete ite

Historically, when I received an junk email that I wanted to immediately
delete, I would hold down the shift key and hit the delete sign on the
Outlook toolbar. When I did so, a dialog box would appear to confirm that I
wanted to permanently delete the item. When the dialog box appeared, it was
accompanied by a sound. This morning for the first time, the sound no longer
plays. I have tried re-booting, to no avail. How do I turn this sound back on?
Old November 8th 08, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

Control Panel, Sounds, select sound for emptying the recycle bin. This
usually only works for direct emptying, not shift delete. Test it by emptying
the bin yourself.

Old November 8th 08, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mary

Forgot tp mention that sounds don't work for Outlook deleted items. Outlook
does not use the Recycle Bin. What you delete in OL does not go to the bin.

Old November 8th 08, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
chief jay

Default The sound has disappeared when I attempt to permanently delete

Thanks for your response Mary. Your second response is on target. I am only
referring to the deletion of items within OL. Do you know how to turn that
sound back on?

Old November 8th 08, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Reinstall Office Sounds.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, chief jay asked:

Old November 10th 08, 04:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
chief jay

Milly
Thanks for figuring this out. How do I find Office Sounds? I am using Office
2007 on a Vista machine.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Reinstall Office Sounds.

Old November 10th 08, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Patrick Reed

Once installed, from the main Outlook Window, select Tools | Options... |
Other | Advanced Options... | ensure "Provide feedback with sound" is
checked.

--
-Patrick Reed