'have server reply using a specific message' rule

Old October 29th 08, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
warren sander

Default 'have server reply using a specific message' rule

First let me apologize for just posting without reading the 3500 entries my
reader found. If this has been discussed before I didn't find it using some
simple search on the newsgroup.

Anyway here is what I want to do:

I'm trying to setup some rules that will take an incoming email with
specific words in the subject, then with specific words in the body move it
to subfolders and then reply back to the sender with a specific message.

In this case we are having customers use a registration form. Once they
register if they are not some spam locations we get filling out forms etc
etc we want to send them some specific text with a url in it for an external
tool. If they are the spam bots we will just ignore the request.

The text of the email is something like.

Thank you... here is the url: http://www.hp.com please enjoy etc

If I can get this working then I can do the real work needed...

But right now I've created the rule, It files the message correctly but the
'have the server..' part of the rule doesn't seem to be doing anything and I
get no error message or anything else that would help figure it out.

HELP!

thanks
-warren

Old October 30th 08, 12:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"warren sander" wrote in message

I'm trying to setup some rules that will take an incoming email with
specific words in the subject, then with specific words in the body move
it to subfolders and then reply back to the sender with a specific
message.

See if this helps:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/msg/46292dddbdfa4336
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old October 30th 08, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
warren sander

not quite what I'm looking for.

the process is this:
customer fills out form
form generates email and gives 'thank you' screen saying you will recieve
the link via email

when email arrives at exchange server the following happens
1) if the email is from a spambot (determined via several rules) it gets
filled for review
2) if it's not defined spam then
3) file the mail to save a copy
4) reply back to the 'have replies sent to' (which is the 'email:' field
from the original form) address with text giving the url of where the next
step in the registration process happens

I can do 1, 2, & 3 fine.

My problem is #4

using the 'have server reply with a specific message' is the problem. Either
I'm not configuring the message correctly or the exchange server isn't
sending it. I'd like to start with me having the problem in not configuring
the message correctly. If that isn't the problem then I have to go to the
exchange server IT guys but I'd like to know what to ask for at that end.
I'm an end user of exchange/outlook so be gentle.

-warren