installing outlook on 2 pc network

Old October 17th 08, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BobbyDazzler

Default installing outlook on 2 pc network

first post here so i'll try and be as specific as possible.

2 pcs (one running vista, one running xp home edition) connected by
wired router.

want to install outlook 2003 so that both pc's can access emails.
email addresses are and ;-)

issue:

can outlook 2003 be installed on the vista machine as "server" and
accessed over the network by the xp machine so that we both have
access to all our emails on either machine?

Thanks in advance
Old October 17th 08, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_4_]

"BobbyDazzler" wrote in message
first post here so i'll try and be as specific as possible.

2 pcs (one running vista, one running xp home edition) connected by
wired router.

want to install outlook 2003 so that both pc's can access emails.
email addresses are and ;-)

issue:

can outlook 2003 be installed on the vista machine as "server" and
accessed over the network by the xp machine so that we both have
access to all our emails on either machine?

Thanks in advance

The best, easiest and simplest way of doing this is to use IMAP. Find out if
your mail host offers IMAP and if it doesn't think of moving to one that
does. If you have your own domain then 1and1.co.uk does, because that's who
I use. Many others do as well AFAIK.

Old October 17th 08, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

You would need to seperate licences to install outlook on two pc's, and even
then you wouldnt be advised to share the outlook data file between the two -
the method is not supported by MS as it can lead to corruption

Old October 17th 08, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware]

Dear Bobby,

have a look on this site :

Outlook sharing solutions:
http://www.publicshareware.com/publi...scription.html
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm

Article about "sharing your Outlook information (by Eric Legault)"
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...477571033.aspx

Office Marketplace Outlook messaging tools:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...719621033.aspx

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Public ShareFolder