Outlook-Exchange Server sychronization

Old January 31st 06, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dan

Default Outlook-Exchange Server sychronization

Hi,

I have a question for Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003.

I have my users using both Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 to connect to an
Exchange 2003 server. All of the Outlook clients have mail delivery option
for email to be delivered to PST files instead of having all of their email
on the Exchange server. Once in a while Outlook just goes out the Exchange
server and download new email to the local PST mail file for each user.

My question is... is there a way to configure or tweak the registry to
shorten the time interval so that Outlook can go to the Exchange server to
check for new email more often or is this a configuration for the Exchange
server which I doubt very much.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Dan

Old January 31st 06, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Dan wrote:

I have my users using both Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 to connect
to an Exchange 2003 server. All of the Outlook clients have mail
delivery option for email to be delivered to PST files instead of
having all of their email on the Exchange server.

This really begs the question "why?"

My question is... is there a way to configure or tweak the registry to
shorten the time interval so that Outlook can go to the Exchange
server to check for new email more often or is this a configuration
for the Exchange server which I doubt very much.

In Outlook 2003, press Alt-Ctrl-S to bring up the Define Send/Receive Groups
dialogue box and change the send/receive interval. I don't think that's a
changeable option in Outlook 2000 (See the first couple of paragraphs in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280772/en-us). It may be an Exchange
setting, though.
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 31st 06, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dan

Thanks for the information Brian...

Too bad there isn't anything I can do with Outlook 2000.

Dan