e-mail address privacy question

Old August 29th 08, 12:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Maddern

Default e-mail address privacy question

I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new
product introduction.

I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before.

If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone
else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their
e-mail addresses to be public like this.

Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail
addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see
everyone else's e-mail address?

Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses in the "Bcc" field?

Thanks

Peter

Old August 29th 08, 06:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Either BCC or mail merge will work just fine - mail merge works better to be able to customize the message further but BCC will hide the recipients from each other. Downside to BCC is that you need to use a dummy address in the TO: field for many ISPs to pass the message.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Peter Maddern asked:

privacy Kate Outlook - Calandaring 4 May 26th 07 08:54 PM
privacy for my contacts? greg Outlook - Using Contacts 0 October 2nd 06 10:32 PM
Calendar privacy Tompel Outlook - Calandaring 1 August 28th 06 02:10 AM
how to write plugin for outlook enabling signing , encryption and decryption of mail using GPG( Gnu privacy guard) vineet Add-ins for Outlook 0 July 16th 06 09:21 PM
privacy steve Outlook - Using Contacts 0 May 20th 06 03:34 PM