OLMAP32.DLL Error after upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007 onXP/SP3 machine

Old July 3rd 08, 02:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default OLMAP32.DLL Error after upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007 onXP/SP3 machine

Two days ago I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 Enterprise on
a laptop running XP/SP3. Everything I've tried in the office suite
seems to work well except Outlook. Even after applying Office SP1,
whenever I try to start Outlook I get a tiny error box that simply
says error, OLMAPI32.DLL. I have spent more time than I would like to
admit Googling the problem but have found no solution that works for
me although I've tried various solutions that appear in multiple
discussions of the problem—up to and including experimenting with
removing all registry references to OLMAPI32.DLL. Nothing has helped!

I definitely need Outlook on my laptop. Does anyone have a solution
to this problem which, as far as I can see, Microsoft has not
documented (perhaps I'd missed something?).

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old July 3rd 08, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

We have no idea what "solutions" you've tried so we cannot answer until you
tell us.
In general, you should never attempt to do an in-place upgrade of Outlook.
If you must, then you must first create a brand new Outlook profile from
scratch. Any pre-existing profile won't work.
Create a new profile and run the Office Maintenance Wizard.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 3rd 08, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

wrote in message

Two days ago I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 Enterprise on
a laptop running XP/SP3. Everything I've tried in the office suite
seems to work well except Outlook. Even after applying Office SP1,
whenever I try to start Outlook I get a tiny error box that simply
says error, OLMAPI32.DLL. I have spent more time than I would like to
admit Googling the problem but have found no solution that works for
me although I've tried various solutions that appear in multiple
discussions of the problem—up to and including experimenting with
removing all registry references to OLMAPI32.DLL. Nothing has helped!

I definitely need Outlook on my laptop. Does anyone have a solution
to this problem which, as far as I can see, Microsoft has not
documented (perhaps I'd missed something?).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Fair enough--how then do I create a new Outlook profile without
changing my user profile?
Old July 3rd 08, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Here's how:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us
How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Old July 3rd 08, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

http://support.microsoft.com/default...roduct=out2003

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 4th 08, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

On Jul 3, 5:10 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;829918&Produc....

--
Russ Valentine

wrote in message

[...]

Thank you for this link which jogged my memory. I remember now having
set up mail profiles in just this way. There is only one problem—when
I go to control panel on the machine in question there is no “Mail”
applet. How could that be?
Old July 4th 08, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

There has to be if this is Windows XP and Outlook is installed. Are you
using the classic view of Control Panel?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 4th 08, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

[...]

PS—I am in “classic view.”
Old July 4th 08, 03:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Then there is a lot more that's wrong with your installation. Run the Office
Maintenance Wizard as I suggested.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 4th 08, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

wrote in message

[...]

On the installation CD or am I missing something????

Thanks for your patience!