Multiple Outlook windows in Outlook 2007?

Old March 20th 08, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rojo Habe[_3_]

Default Multiple Outlook windows in Outlook 2007?

In my previous version of Outlook (2000) I was able to open multiple Outlook
windows by simply launching the app more than once. This allowed me to have
(e.g.) my Calendar, Inbox and Contacts open all at once. With Outlook 2007
this doesn't seem possible. If I open the app and switch to Calendar, then
click the Outlook icon on the Start menu, all this does is switch the
existing view back to Inbox, rather than opening a new window. There's also
no New Window option on the File menu.

Am I missing something or is it no longer possible to open multiple Outlook
windows?

Old March 21st 08, 03:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

right click on the folder and choose open in new window - the outlook
shortcuts (since at least 2003, if not 2002) use /recycle switch which
reuses the windows.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

Old March 21st 08, 11:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Johannes Czernin

Default Multiple Outlook windows in Outlook 2007? - Relating Question for OL2003

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
right click on the folder and choose open in new window - the outlook
shortcuts (since at least 2003, if not 2002) use /recycle switch which
reuses the windows.

--

Hi, Diane,

You are right - I'm using OL2003 and in fact all links actually do work the
way you describe it, i.e. they do NOT open a new window. There is one silly
exception, however, and here is my question to you and all the other experts
here on the forum:

I have the standard link icon for Outlook on the Desktop - the one that is
not a normal link but rather what is created during the original
installation of the program. Hovering the cursor over it displays a
QuickInfo with a comprehensive description on all the capabilites of the
program.

Now let's assume Outlook is already running and I click on that Desktop
icon - Bingo! "Outlook Today" is opened, but in a NEW window! Where in the
registry could I apply a trick in order to make this link use the "/recycle"
switch too?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Johannes

Old March 30th 08, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rojo Habe[_4_]

So easy when you know how!

I always end up feeling slightly sheepish when I get an answer. That one
was so simple I can't believe I didn't think to try a right-click.

Many thanks