Cisco VPN Client with Outlook 2003 Exchange Server

Old February 4th 08, 04:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Pugliese

Default Cisco VPN Client with Outlook 2003 Exchange Server

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've been back & forth with my IT
department for almost 2 weeks and they can't seem to identify the
problem.

When I'm in the office I don't have any problem connecting my network
shares & the Exchange server. When I'm home connected thought the VPN
I cannot access my shares or Exchange. I know I'm connected to the
network because I can access our Intranet & Content Management System
(which is only available internally). Something seems to be blocking
my connection to the other servers.

When I open Outlook after about a minute I get a message saying the
Exchanger server is unavailable.

If I try & map my network drive(s) I get an error saying the network
resource is no longer available. I've tired 3 different drives but
get the same error.

These problems started when my laptop was replaced. The previous
laptop had no problems connecting to Exchange or other network
shares. The only difference is the old machine had Outlook XP; the
new one has Outlook 2003.

I'm running Outlook 2003 with the Cisco SSL VPN Client on Windows XP
Professional. Windows firewall is disabled on all connections.

Any help is much appreciated.
Old February 4th 08, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Peter Pugliese wrote:

[...]

With the SSL-VPN we use, the IT people must configure an appropriate tunnel
for the particular services they wish the employees to be able to access.
Being able to access, say, an internal web site is unrelated to being able
to access, say, the Exchange server. Only if the employee is granted the
particular role that defines the access can that employee access the
service.

Now, I don't know if that's how it works where you are, but it does for the
company for which I work and our IT people are aware of how to control these
various roles and see to it the employees have the access they require.
(I'm one of the SSL-VPN administrators where I work.)
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old February 4th 08, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Pugliese

On Feb 4, 8:05 am, "Brian Tillman" wrote:
Peter Pugliese wrote:
[...]

I checked with our Exchange admin. None of the ports should be
blocked. I'll look into it further with our IT security head, but it
doesn't look like this is the problem.
Old April 23rd 08, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
jsc

Hi,

I have the same problem, Have you solved it?

thanks.