Can't open "nested" emails in Outlook 07/Vista Business

Old January 13th 08, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Boppy

Default Can't open "nested" emails in Outlook 07/Vista Business

Hi guys, when I have an email conversation with someone, eventually it
gets too long for some reason and arrives as an attachment that I
can't read.

I get a message saying from my ISP's anti-spam filter:
"Unknown00000000.data was not scanned for viruses because too many
nested levels of files were found."

If I right-click on the attachment I get the message "This file cannot
be previewed because of an error with the following previewer:
Microsoft Office Outlook Message and Item Previewer. To open this file
in its own program, double-click it."

But if I double-click on the attached .eml file, nothing at all
happens and I cannot read the contents.

I've tried saving the attachment,which defaults to .msg, then still
cannot open that.

On the work computer, which is running XP and Office 03, when messages
turn up like this, simply double-clicking enables me to read them.
Exactly the same ISP as on my laptop, so it seems Outlook 07 is where
the problem lies - can anyone possibly help me resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Jo
Old January 14th 08, 12:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

Outlook can't open EML file format.

Are you using google desktop at home? It's known to cause issues opening MSG
files.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old January 14th 08, 06:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Boppy

Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

"Boppy" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Diane, thanks for replying. I have Google Desktop operating on both
work and laptop PCs. Is there any way to get around the problem on my
laptop, do you think?

Jo
Old January 14th 08, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Boppy wrote:

Hi Diane, thanks for replying. I have Google Desktop operating on both
work and laptop PCs. Is there any way to get around the problem on my
laptop, do you think?

Others have found that if you exclude mail from the indexing in GDS, that
you can run GDS and still see MSG files.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 14th 08, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

It's usually a version thing... do you have the same version installed on
both? If so, make sure the settings are the same on both as far as what is
indexed by google search.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: