provs using outlook to access office web based email

Old January 11th 08, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillingGrl

Default provs using outlook to access office web based email

Our tech suggested we use outlook as a more secure means to send and receive
mail as we send digital xrays back and forth. He set it up on one office
computer, but all users need to access email. How do I set the other machines
to use this same process? When users select outlook, they get like an install
message. Do I go ahead?
I feel silly calling the tech, and every call costs money.
Old January 11th 08, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

Yes, it needs to install. You'll also need to know the email server names to
set up the accts.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old January 11th 08, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillingGrl

Thanks. I thought so. I do have all that info. I always like to check before
modifying coworkers' computers! My first try using a discussion group,
incidentally. I'll be back.

Old January 11th 08, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

BillingGrl wrote:

Our tech suggested we use outlook as a more secure means to send and
receive mail as we send digital xrays back and forth. He set it up on
one office computer, but all users need to access email. How do I set
the other machines to use this same process? When users select
outlook, they get like an install message. Do I go ahead?
I feel silly calling the tech, and every call costs money.

I'm not sure why you believe Outlook will be any more secure than the
methods you're currently using to transport the X-rays.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 12th 08, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
BillingGrl

Yeah, I wasn't sure, either. What's your opinion? Patient's xrays are
considered protected health information. Our tech just said outlook would be
more secure for such purposes and set it up on one network machine. I figure
we pay him to know more than we do.

Old January 12th 08, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH

"BillingGrl" wrote in message

Yeah, I wasn't sure, either. What's your opinion? Patient's xrays
are
considered protected health information. Our tech just said outlook
would be
more secure for such purposes and set it up on one network machine.
I figure
we pay him to know more than we do.

Paying him to do the job does not preclude him from telling you what
he did. You will need to find out from the tech what he did to
"secure" your communications since you don't know.

Old January 13th 08, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

BillingGrl wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't sure, either. What's your opinion? Patient's xrays are
considered protected health information. Our tech just said outlook
would be more secure for such purposes and set it up on one network
machine. I figure we pay him to know more than we do.

First, I would think X-ray images tend to be fairly large and, as a result,
aren't really good candidates for sending by email. Second, unless you and
your recipient set up two-way encryption, you should not consider email
secure for confidential transmission. Third, ASK the person you paid what
he did. Since he did it while in your employ, the methods he used belong to
you. You have a right to know.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]