SoundMAX audio no longer loads under Office 2007 install?

Old January 3rd 08, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
JVRudnick

Default SoundMAX audio no longer loads under Office 2007 install?

Hey...
I've upgraded from OfficeXP to Office2007 and am only "SLIGHTLY" enjoying
the experience....I've had many many issues with formatting etc etc....

But the most recent item I now see, is that my computer's sound card, a
SoundMAX card, will no longer load at all. It's not even present in the
normal dropdown in Start ControlPanel Sounds & Audio Devices Audio for
me to even enable etc? When I try the Sounds tab, and then try to play say
Asterisk -- the PLAY button never lights up for me to test things
either....sigh

When I click on my XP little tray icon, I now get an alert that says that
"Digital output is taken by another application..."

When I try to play an mp3, I get WindowsMediaPlayer opening and then saying
" can not play the file becuase there is a problem with your sound device..."

??? WTF?

Can some offer here a bit of help? And yes, I've updated the drivers for the
card, restarted like 20 times and have tried everything I know to get the
dang card to play sound. And it wont!

What is now wrong?

Jim
Old January 3rd 08, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

JVRudnick wrote:

I've upgraded from OfficeXP to Office2007 and am only "SLIGHTLY"
enjoying the experience....I've had many many issues with formatting
etc etc....

But the most recent item I now see, is that my computer's sound card,
a SoundMAX card, will no longer load at all. It's not even present in
the normal dropdown in Start ControlPanel Sounds & Audio Devices
Audio for me to even enable etc? When I try the Sounds tab, and

then try to play say Asterisk -- the PLAY button never lights up for
me to test things either....sigh

This is not likely an Outlook problem. Have Windows redetect your devices.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]