calender

Old January 26th 06, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
sami.s

Default calender

Hi

I used to be ok with synching my mobile phone Sony Ericcson w800i with my
outlook 2003 calender. But now I get a "session failed" everytime I try to
sync if there is more then one new item to be transferred. Ive set the time
to everything between 1-10 minutes to give access to outlook.

I managed to sync the phone with a new calender I made. But this gave me a
weird problem when I wanted to change this new calender as my default
calender in outlook. You cant do this. So everytime I open outlook it goes
into the old calender.

Anyone have any ideas for either problems?

Sami

Old January 26th 06, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

sami.s wrote:

I managed to sync the phone with a new calender I made. But this gave
me a weird problem when I wanted to change this new calender as my
default calender in outlook.

What was the "weird problem"?
--
Brian Tillman
Old January 26th 06, 07:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
sami.s

Well that is weird to me that you are not able to change the what you want
to keep as your default calender or at least choose this any calender to
come in to view by default when opening the calender from outlook.

sami

Old January 27th 06, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

sami.s wrote:

Well that is weird to me that you are not able to change the what you
want to keep as your default calender

You certainly can do this, but you change ALL your default folders, since
you're actually choosing a default *data store*. All of Outlook's default
folders are kept in the same data store, so changing the default calendar
also changes the default Inbox, Tasks, Contacts, etc.

or at least choose this any
calender to come in to view by default when opening the calender from
outlook.

You can certainly do this as well, even with a non-default calendar. You
can have Outlook start up displaying any folder you like in a POP or
Exchange data store. You can't make an IMAP or HTTP account folder the
startup display folder, but otherwise, nothing stops you from choosing a
non-default calendar as the startup folder.
--
Brian Tillman