I can send email with attachment receiver cannot open attachment

Old November 21st 07, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
saffi

Default I can send email with attachment receiver cannot open attachment

I can send email with attachment on Windows Vista, but no one can open
attachment. Why?

Old November 21st 07, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

On Nov 21, 12:53 pm, saffi wrote:
I can send email with attachment on Windows Vista, but no one can open
attachment. Why?

Can you specify what sort of attachment file is it?
Old November 21st 07, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

saffi wrote:

I can send email with attachment on Windows Vista, but no one can open
attachment. Why?

Perhaps you created the attachment with an application your recipients don't
have.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old November 21st 07, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

Are you using Outlooks rich text format while your recipient doesn't use
Microsoft Outlook at all? Change your format to plain text or HTML.
If you're using Office 2007 and your recipients are using older versions of
Office, if your attachments are Excel or Word, etc. your recipient needs to
download and install the 2007 Compatibility Pack from the Microsoft site.
If these are not the issue, please clarify the problem with more details.
Please advise what version of office you're using, what type of e-mail
environment you're in (Exchange, POP3, etc.), what type of attachments you're
sending, and what issues your recipeints are having.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

Old December 3rd 07, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Michael Price

I don't think that is it at all. I am having the same problem on my wife's
computer. I log into her machine and configure Outlook for myself and all
works fine. For her every attachment is corrupted to the receiver. They look
fine on her machine.

I have tried deleting her outlook profile including the OST files to no
avail. It is extremely frustrating.

Other mail clients work fine.

Old December 3rd 07, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

"Michael Price" wrote in message
I don't think that is it at all. I am having the same problem on my wife's
computer. I log into her machine and configure Outlook for myself and all
works fine. For her every attachment is corrupted to the receiver. They
look fine on her machine.

I have tried deleting her outlook profile including the OST files to no
avail. It is extremely frustrating.

Other mail clients work fine.

But logging in to another machine and deleting data files doesn't answer any
of the questions that Kathleen asked you! The default setup on ANY
installation of outlook, whether on your machine or some other, is to send
email in Rich text Format. Non-Outlook mail clients cannot read RTF email!
You don't change that setting by deleting data files or logging on to
another machine with the same default settings!
Again, if BOTH your machines are using Office 2007, the DEFAULT file types
CANNOT BE READ NATIVELY by any other version of Office! Again that behaviour
is NOT changed by deleting Outlook data files or logging on to the other
machine!

So, are BOTH instances of Outlook set up to send email in Rich text Format
(Tools-Options-Mail Format) AND/OR, are you both using Office 2007 and
sending to non-Office 2007 users?

Old December 4th 07, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Michael Price

This has nothing to do with another computer. It is all on one machine.

The mail format is HTML. Haven't used RTF in years.

Also it is ATTACHMENTS. The body of the message is fine.

Also, as for the default message type it is HTML, not RTF for a clean
install of outlook.

Old December 4th 07, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

"Michael Price" wrote in message
This has nothing to do with another computer. It is all on one machine.

The mail format is HTML. Haven't used RTF in years.

Also it is ATTACHMENTS. The body of the message is fine.

Also, as for the default message type it is HTML, not RTF for a clean
install of outlook.

OK, but you haven't answered the question as to what version of Office you
are using....

Old December 5th 07, 10:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

"Michael Price" wrote in message

Also, as for the default message type it is HTML, not RTF for a clean
install of outlook.

Not correct unless this is a RE-install. The default email type of a NEW
clean install is RTF....