Cannot open email attachements

Old November 3rd 07, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
acss

Default Cannot open email attachements

I updated my Outlook 2003 with current service pack and afterwards, when I am
trying to open e-mail messages that are sent as attachments, I cannot do it.
Other type of files in attachment can be opened but not message files. What
could this be?
Old November 4th 07, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

have you rebooted since discovering the problem?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old November 4th 07, 11:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
acss

Hi,

Yes. I have rebooted and the problem continues as i CAN open file types such
as pdf or jpg but can not open e-mail messages that are sent as attachments.

Old November 4th 07, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
johnko1

I'm having the same problem only since having dowloaded service pack 3, I'm
running Vista on my laptop. I have not installed service pack 3 on my desktop
and have no problems opening attachments on it. Does anyone know how to
remove service pack 3? It does not appear in add/remove programs and when
checking for all updates does not have a remove option available.
--
jck

Old November 4th 07, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

it can't be removed. I'm not sure if you can use system restore to undo
it. if you have Ghost or True Image, make an image and upgrade the desktop-
see if it works. If not, restore the image. (Acronis might offer a 100%
working trial of True Image.)

Are you using any add-ins? What type of acct? We know not all SP3 users have
a problem opening msg files while a few are having a problem. I haven't been
tracking the OS for every report, but I know it works ok on Winxp, so its
possible that its specific to Vista.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old November 5th 07, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
johnko1

I've tried to run system restore, but as has always been the case with
Microsoft restore, it won't work. I'm not running any add-ons. I'm not too
thrilled with Vista.
--
jck

Old November 5th 07, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
bud66

I have not installed SP3 and I am running into the same problem with Outlook,
it used to work now it doesn't

Old November 5th 07, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

Are you using WinXP or Vista?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

it can't be removed. I'm not sure if you can use system restore to
undo
it. if you have Ghost or True Image, make an image and upgrade the
desktop-
see if it works. If not, restore the image. (Acronis might offer a
100%
working trial of True Image.)

Are you using any add-ins? What type of acct? We know not all SP3 users
have
a problem opening msg files while a few are having a problem. I haven't
been
tracking the OS for every report, but I know it works ok on Winxp, so
its
possible that its specific to Vista.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old November 5th 07, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VPless

I had the same problem until I uninstalled the Google Desktop program.
I am running 2003 wit service pack 2.

"acss" wrote in message
I updated my Outlook 2003 with current service pack and afterwards, when I
am
trying to open e-mail messages that are sent as attachments, I cannot do
it.
Other type of files in attachment can be opened but not message files.
What
could this be?

Attachements Shanny Outlook - Using Contacts 1 April 17th 07 09:58 PM
OWA reply and attachements [email protected] Outlook - General Queries 2 December 8th 06 03:36 AM
can't drag attachements from email Russ Green Outlook - General Queries 2 November 17th 06 09:57 AM
attachements Bob B Outlook Express 2 September 13th 06 02:43 AM
Doc attachements always open in reading layout view Boe Outlook - General Queries 1 February 25th 06 10:40 AM