"Sending" an email via outlook web access crashes IE7

Old October 29th 07, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
labrat64

Default "Sending" an email via outlook web access crashes IE7

My outlook web access functioned without problems until I installed IE7.
Afterwards, I've been unable to "send" emails. Everything in OWA works fine
until you click the send button. This is the '03 version on XP. TIA!

jf
Old October 29th 07, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
neo [mvp outlook]

This is expected behavior when you have the s/mime control installed. You
need to uninstall the control from add/remove programs. If you need this
control, then unintall it via add/remove programs and then follow up with
the folks that support your exchange server to verify that they have applied
the correct update to Exchange 2003 (OWA) that nets you a new s/mime
control.

news

Old November 6th 07, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
jjsaigol

I am having the same problem, only when I try and unistall the S/MIME
programme from the control panel it says

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this
version cannot continue. To configure or remove teh exisiting version of
this product. use Add/remove programs on the control panel"

Only I can't seem to find any other versions of this programme!!

Can any one shed any light.

Many thanks!

"labrat64" wrote:

Thanks!

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

This is expected behavior when you have the s/mime control installed. You
need to uninstall the control from add/remove programs. If you need this
control, then unintall it via add/remove programs and then follow up with
the folks that support your exchange server to verify that they have applied
the correct update to Exchange 2003 (OWA) that nets you a new s/mime
control.

news

Old November 6th 07, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
labrat64

I'm just an end user, not an exchange admin. I wasn't sure if he was talking
about uninstalling/reinstalling on the exchange server itself or the user's
pc. Here's what I did to get my account to work...didn't have to involve our
msx admin.

....As I mentioned earlier the S/MIME control cannot be uninstalled; however
if
the DLLs are unregistered OWA works.
startruncmd
cd "%systemroot%\downloaded program files"
regsvr32 /u exsmime.dll
regsvr32 /u mimectl.dll

Here's the link to the above:
http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-111...sageID=2091071

jf

"jjsaigol" wrote:

I am having the same problem, only when I try and unistall the S/MIME
programme from the control panel it says

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this
version cannot continue. To configure or remove teh exisiting version of
this product. use Add/remove programs on the control panel"

Only I can't seem to find any other versions of this programme!!

Can any one shed any light.

Many thanks!

"labrat64" wrote:

Thanks!

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

This is expected behavior when you have the s/mime control installed. You
need to uninstall the control from add/remove programs. If you need this
control, then unintall it via add/remove programs and then follow up with
the folks that support your exchange server to verify that they have applied
the correct update to Exchange 2003 (OWA) that nets you a new s/mime
control.

news My outlook web access functioned without problems until I installed IE7.

Old November 21st 07, 05:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

On Oct 29, 11:26 pm, labrat64
wrote:
My outlook web access functioned without problems until I installed IE7.
Afterwards, I've been unable to "send" emails. Everything in OWA works fine
until you click the send button. This is the '03 version on XP. TIA!

jf

1. Uninstall Microsoft Outlook Web Access S/MIME using Add/Remove
programs.
If you get any error message saying the program cannot be
uninstalled, try installing an earlier version of the file
setupmcl.exe (if available.) and then try removing Microsoft Outlook
Web Access S/MIME using Add/Remove programs.
Else, Remove Microsoft Outlook Web Access S/MIME forcefully (using
program such as Windows Install cleanup or any other program).
2. Open Web outlook
3. Go to Options - E-mail security.
4. Click on Download to install the Microsoft Outlook Web Access S/
MIME again.
5. This will install the correct version of the MIME provided by your
Exchange server.
6. Try composing a new message. If IE asks to "Run activeX control",
allow it.

This should solve your problem. I have solved the same problem
following the above method without uninstalling IE 7.
Old November 21st 07, 05:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alok Dash

1. Uninstall Microsoft Outlook Web Access S/MIME using Add/Remove programs.
If you get any error message saying the program cannot be uninstalled,
try installing an earlier version of the file setupmcl.exe (if available.)
and then try removing Microsoft Outlook Web Access S/MIME using Add/Remove
programs.

"jjsaigol" wrote:

I am having the same problem, only when I try and unistall the S/MIME
programme from the control panel it says

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this
version cannot continue. To configure or remove teh exisiting version of
this product. use Add/remove programs on the control panel"

Only I can't seem to find any other versions of this programme!!

Can any one shed any light.

Many thanks!

"labrat64" wrote:

Thanks!