Vcard problem

Old October 29th 07, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Panic

Default Vcard problem

I've only recently started using Outlook for use with a group of friends. I
changed from Outlook Express to Outlook since several officers of my group
use that and exchange address data via vcards since that really simplifies
things.

One of my friends sends me email saying he is forwarding vcard info but
there is no attachment of any kind. He uses Outlook 2003 and I have Outlook
2000. A different friend with Outlook 2002 does the same thing and I
receive the vcard along with the email and updating is simple.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be going wrong? The first guy sends an
email with a forwarded vcard to the other friend and he receives it OK so
the first guy must be doing it right?

Old October 29th 07, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
neo [mvp outlook]

One the message sent with the supposed vcard attachment, pick File Save
Attachments to see if it pops up. Outside of that, the Outlook 2003 user
might have to save the vcard to their file system and then attach it to a
new html formatted message before the Outlook 2000 user might be able to
see/work with it.

Old October 30th 07, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Panic

OK, I tried that. When I click on File... the Save Attachments is grayed
out. My friend claims he IS opening Contacts...highlighting the
entry...right clicking and choose Forward Vcard. He then addresses it to me
but when I receive it I show no attachments.

Old October 30th 07, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
neo [mvp outlook]

Can you ask the OL2003 to try it the second way I described where they save
the vcard to the file system and then attach that to a new message?

Old October 31st 07, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Panic

I had previously asked him to do that. To right click....choose Save to
File...save it as a .vcf file and then attach it to an email to me. He
hasn't yet got around to doing that. I'll advise you when I get that
response.

Old October 31st 07, 10:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Michael Santovec

VCards are special attachments in OE. Look in the upper right hand
corner of the message for a rolodex icon. Click that to view. Once you
do, it will have an option to add it to your address book.

Old November 1st 07, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Panic

Thanks for the info. It must be some incompatibility between his Outlook
2003 and my Outlook 2000. My other friend who has Outlook 2002 can send me
vcards OK. Guess my O 2003 friend will have to save it as a vcard on his
hard drive and then attach it to an email to me.