Outlook 2007 always sends one more message than I have in my Outbox

Old August 6th 07, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rojo Habe

Default Outlook 2007 always sends one more message than I have in my Outbox

Title says it all really. If I have one message in my Outbox and I click
the Send/Receive button, it always says "Sending message 1 of 2" in the
status bar, followed by "Sending message 2 of 2". If I have two messages in
the outbox, it's 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 etc. You get the idea.

Where's this phantom message coming from? Is it spying on me? Telling
Microsoft every time I send mail? Or is there a less sinister (and
paranoid) explanation?

Old August 6th 07, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Rojo Habe wrote:

Title says it all really. If I have one message in my Outbox and I
click the Send/Receive button, it always says "Sending message 1 of
2" in the status bar, followed by "Sending message 2 of 2". If I
have two messages in the outbox, it's 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 etc.
You get the idea.

Where's this phantom message coming from? Is it spying on me? Telling
Microsoft every time I send mail? Or is there a less sinister (and
paranoid) explanation?

An undeliverable read receipt, perhaps. See if this helps:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/d...eadreceipt.htm
--
Brian Tillman

Old August 6th 07, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Possible undeliverable read receipts. See if this helps:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old August 7th 07, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
nospam

Do you perchance have more than one e-mail account defined? If so, plod
through the following long thread, ignoring all the noise:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1dacf?lnk=raot

Old August 8th 07, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rojo Habe

"nospam" wrote in message
Do you perchance have more than one e-mail account defined? If so, plod
through the following long thread, ignoring all the noise:

Yep. That will do it. Two POP accounts configured so it's adding one to
the number of emails sent. My other user account only has one POP account
so functions normally. Now I know what's going on I can live with that
until they come up with a fix. Many thanks.

I did wonder about read receipts but was pretty sure it wasn't that because
I set it up from the start never to respond to requests for a receipt. All
the suggested fixes for this also seem to deal with IMAP accounts which
would tend to imply a Corporate/Workgroup setup rather than IMO (which I
neglected to mention in my original post).

Anyway, now I know the cause, I'm happy (-ish). Thank you.

Old August 9th 07, 06:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
nospam

My pleasure.

Do any of you MVPs out there know whether Microsoft has acknowledged this
problem and has committed to fixing it?

Old August 23rd 07, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rojo Habe

I've discovered a little workaround, which you'll probably already know
about, but just in case you don't:

Split the accounts into separate Send/Receive groups.