Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...

Old July 19th 07, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Default Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...

I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the
Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically the
sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to retrieve them in any
way.

We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of troubleshooting
we were told that it must have been "user error". The problem continues to
occur and I have seen other posts explaining the same situation.

Any ideas?

Old July 19th 07, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Greg Mansius [MSFT]

You can use a tool like the MAPI Editor Tool to see if the folders are still
in the mailbox. They may still exist but hidden because the "hidden"
property is "enabled". Please ask your support engineer to check into the
use of this tool to check out the mailbox to see if these folders have
simply become "hidden".

You can also ask the case owner to contact me for details.
--
Thanks

greg mansius [MSFT]
Microsoft Office Outlook Support

Old July 19th 07, 07:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

-- wrote:
I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the
Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically
the sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to
retrieve them in any way.

We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of
troubleshooting we were told that it must have been "user error". The
problem continues to occur and I have seen other posts explaining
the same situation.
Any ideas?

Firstly (and this is somewhat OT) I suggest you have your users create a
top-level folder such as _Username's Saved Items (the underscore will make
it display at the top) for *all* their saved stuff, including subfolders. I
always set up such a folder by default when creating mailboxes/configuring
Outlook for users. If you ever decide to use mailbox management policies, or
you want to make it easy to drag/archive stuff out to other locations, it
will be a lot easier if the stuff isn't under Inbox or any built-in folder.

That said, you might try posting in microsoft.public.exchange.admin to see
if anyone else has run into this issue....I'm presuming you've checked out
the mailboxes in OWA and the items definitely aren't there.