Outlook 2003 junk mail in inbox

Old July 2nd 07, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
RonK

Default Outlook 2003 junk mail in inbox

I just started using Outlook 2003 (Office version) primarily because of the
Junk Mail handling When I finally brought it up after three days of no mail,
I received over 1400 emails in my inbpx, which were 95% junk email, none of
which was recognized by Outlook as junk mail even though I set Junk email
option to "High" prior to getting mail for first time. Then I find I can
only mark the sender as a junk sender one message at a time.

1. How do I get Outlook to recognize Junk email and automattically move it
the Junk folder (since it apparently did not work)?

2. Does bulk mark and drop into the Junk fold do anything to train Outlook
to recognize a particular email or sender as junk (I am only familiar with
Thunderbird junk mail handling in which the handler had to be trained to
reconize junk mail by mark each as junk)?
--
RonK
Old July 3rd 07, 04:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Mayson